Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Part of You In Hand-created Art


I was thinking today........... as I was working on some custom earrings, how in every piece of jewelry I create,  a part of me goes into that jewelry.  In your mind you begin to work out the details of that piece.  You put a part of your heart into it, because you want to create what your client was thinking and will be pleased with.  Your hands work to shape and define the lines and color tones just the way you imagined and that pleases you.  So, a part of you has to be in your work and goes out the door with it.  It is a satisfaction and pride that swells in your chest in doing your best to be on the same wave length as your client.

That makes me feel proud just thinking about it.  I sometimes don't want to let go of some of my pieces.  I feel so close to some pieces of jewelry, I just want to keep them.  I don't know if other artists feel the same way or not.  I'm betting there are other artists out there that feel this way, too.

As you can probably tell by now, I do not like production work.  I usually create one-of-a-kind pieces.   Sometimes,  I will create three or four of the same design!           (photos later)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment: