Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Up to My Neck in Bugs

Received an email from my daughter's friend who asked if I create 20 dragonflies in metal clay, which would be very expensive;  but I had an idea for her.  What about dragonflies in polymer clay?  She loved the idea!  I have been creating the dragonflies with blue green and purple bodies and wings of transparent with steel gray.  However, I received another email from her saying she had forgotten to tell me she wanted them in silver!  So I will be creating silver dragonflies.  I will make the bodies in silver polymer clay and use the wings I have already prepared.  To keep the dragonflies together, I inserted two pieces of 20 gauge wire for the body and wire across the body and attached each of the four wings.    I also will be using heavy gauge floral wire to mount them for the mason jar floral arrangements the dragonflies will be used with for the event in June.  As soon as I get a silver dragonfly made, I will photograph one of each and share with you.  As soon as I get a silver dragonfly made, I will photograph one of each and share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment: