Saturday, June 13, 2009

Working Away on New Jewelry

I'm working away on new polymer jewelry for galleries and for teaching new polymer classes. I will be teaching a Make and Take bracelet class at White Fox Beads in June in Maryville, Tennessee and at the Appalachian Arts Craft Center in Norris, Tennessee in August. The gathering of materials
and tools, plus preparing the samples and step by step process takes time and planning. Once a well known teacher advised me to work backwards in planning the class. This is good advice for me. I first make a list of materials for the project then make a tools list. I also write a class description. I think the hardest part of the planning is the handout of instructions and drawings for the technique. After these steps are finished, I think of the class from end to beginning. I feel this is necessary though for a successful class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment: